Beneath the beard, the OVO gear and the gold chains (every single one, even when he’s in the house), Drake can be a bonafide romantic when he wants to be. He’s charmed A-list actresses, chart-topping pop stars, all-star athletes and “dancers.” And not only does he have a way with words (“if you had a twin, I would still choose you,” of course), his lyrics prove he knows how to treat a woman. So, we at SKIRRT spent (way too much time) time scouring through singles, deep cuts and features to roundup the very best romantic-outing inspiration from the Six God. No more fighting at Cheesecake for you!
1. “We can stare up at the stars and put the Beatles on.” – “F**ckn Problems”
Pack a blanket and cozy up to your boo in the beautiful outdoors. You want to show your date how timeless and tasteful and sensitive you are? Cue that Magical Mystery Tour! Just don’t mess it up by playing “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.” That’s a little on the nose, breh.
2. “This is not a fairytale, I already know how you like it / Take you to the mall and get you a new outfit.” – “Child’s Play”
Or rather, by yourselves matching outfits! Nothing says “true love” like identical bandana print harem pants from H&M.
3. “We took a picture together, I hope she frames it!” – “Over My Dead Body”
Stop Snapchatting dog faces on yourselves and take a proper pic with your PYT. Get yourselves somewhere cute—Symphony Park, Seven Magic Mountains, the Neon Museum, etc.—and get to posing.
5. “Let’s celebrate with a toast and get lost in tonight/ And make it all light up. Wait until the sun goes down. We gon’ make this bitch light up.” – “Light Up”
Now we’re about to get real romantic. May we suggest a private post-sunset soiree inside the Tea Lounge at Mandarin Oriental? It doesn’t get classier than wasabi peas and tea-infused cocktails. And that view? Well, jaws won’t be the only thing dropping tonight.
6. “I hope one day we get married just to say we fucking did it.” – “Miss Me”
It shouldn’t be easy to find somewhere to get fake-married, but it is. Downtown Las Vegas’ Little Vegas Chapel will do ya a “pretend wedding,” a “fun way to say ‘I do!’ without the legalities!” Packages range from $125 to $979. The only thing you need to decide is: Elvis impersonator or nah?
7. “You could have my heart or we could share it like the last slice.” – “Best I Ever Had”
Slice of what, you ask? Pizza. Cake. Pie. Flan. Whatever your arrow-stricken heart desires, baby.
8. “And yo’ frame makes me wanna bowl a strike, well alright.” – “Uptown”
Take your boo bowling! Hit the alley at night for that funky black light and mirror ball action and you might even catch one of The Boy’s music videos on the TV screens. Then impress your dimepiece with a ten-pin knockout.
9. “Sittin’ Gucci Row like they say up in UNLV” – “Tuscan Leather”
According to the Las Vegas Sun, “Gucci Row” is a term coined by the media during the Jerry Tarkanian-era of UNLV basketball when 68 special courtside seats were frequently filled by Las Vegas’ A-List entertainers. These days, single-game tickets for that area set you back about $500. But let’s say you really wanna ball out for bae? Put down $3,500 for that season pass.
10. “And you do dinners at French Laundry in Napa Valley/ Scallops and glasses of Dolce, that shit’s right up your alley” – “The Ride”
Honestly, any kind of seafood and gentle drank will do Champagne Papi proud. In our thorough investigation of lyrical sweet nothings, we found the following: “Tonight was your night, go get you some lobsters and shrimp.” (“305 to My City”), “And I just came from dinner where I ate some well done seared scallops that were to die for.” (“30 for 30 Freestyle”), and “Lobster and shrimp and a glass of moscato.” (“I Invented Sex” by Trey Songz). Cheers!